Sunday, 7 October 2012

clawing back...

...a little time to take photos. I took this of some roses I bought Melissa at the end of the week:
Pretty, eh? Yellow roses are her favourite...

I got in with the competition last week (subject: 'surrealism') with this shot:
It was pretty rushed, and I only received one vote, but I was glad to have been able to enter the competition at all, to be honest. This week's theme is 'something old, something new' and I'm in with this:
The old medal was my great-uncle Joe's from the second world war. He won 5 medals in total, and I took them from their house after they died - they were in a little wooden box that was going to be thrown away, and I couldn't bear to see that happen. It would have seemed like such a waste. Who'd have thought that one would be featuring in a digital photography competition, eh?!

Revision continues to rule my life, so that's it for this weekend I think...2 weeks and it's all over. Gulp.


2 comments: