Turns out it's further than it looks - and steeper! But then when I got to the top (and sat down so I wasn't blown off the ridge) I was rewarded with some fantastic views:
Although next time I go, I shall wear more appropriate footwear (i.e. not these...)
The climb down was terrifying and I swear I nearly died...twice!! Maybe I exaggerate slightly, but you get my drift - decent shoes with some sort of grip would have been a definite advantage...
This evening I spent an hour after dark wandering round Derby taking photos for the weekend competition (theme = nighttime). I was after one of those 'lights reflected in the river' type shots, but the best I got wasn't good enough to enter. Although that's probably not going to stop me putting it up here:
Funnily enough, I had given up and was driving home when I happened to pass this church, so screeched to a stop and took this shot (well, took about 10 shots, of which this happened to be the best):
After this, I was hit on by a homeless man who asked me if I wanted a cup of tea, so I decided I needed to go home and reassess my clothing before being out in public again...(!).






No comments:
Post a Comment